Translate

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Big Ginger C Juice



I am coming down with a cold, a bit more tired than usual, sore throat and dry cough, which I am trying to stave off.
I am taking tincture of propolis by St. Francis Herb Farm, Ester C 1000 by Sisu, and Quick-blast anti-cold by Natural Factors, along with sea salt water gargle every 3-4 hours. Sea salt gargle was recommended by the soon to be permanent roommate, I don't like to do it cuz it's gross but it works. Further down there's a pic of the products. The propolis was in the other room so I didn't get it in the pic but this trio has been great for easing symptoms and cutting down the duration of colds. The quick blast gels are wonderful. When you bite down on them this mix of eucalyptus, peppermint, lemon, honey, & echinacea soothe the throat and clear up your head. Best part, they cost about $6 at the health food store. I highly recommend them, I give them out to friends and family whenever they start coming down with something, at the first sign of symptoms BOOM!
Kill those germs with the gels! Mwuah hahahahaha!
And no, I was not paid by anyone. I promote products I like, that are as natural as possible and easy to access. Check with your doctor first, if you have health issues.


So, big news! I got to try out my new Dr. Mercola masticating juicer today. I got it as a gift from my recently departed auntie, I felt sad at first but then realized that she would be happy knowing it was contributing to our health & was not collecting dust somewhere. Miss you auntie Ginger, you were in my thoughts yesterday when we were planning the wedding party.
I made a Big Ginger C Juice in her honour and will post the recipe down below in a sec.
I was really impressed with the juicer, it was amazing how much less fruit & vegetable we lost, quality was better and the taste of the juice was deelish! We had a Jack Lalan (hope I spelled that correctly) juicer that gave out after much love & use, we shall send it off with a fond farewell.
Life has a strange way of working out, we were trying to get a Breville juicer but all the sales were over, we decided to wait. Then when my auntie passed, we were told by the executor of her will to come to the house & pick up items left for us. We saw the juicer and asked if it was alright to keep it, we were told, most definitely, so we brought it home. It feels like we brought back a little bit of her. I feel very blessed & grateful to her for her kindness & generosity. This is the juicer we replaced & the awesome Dr Mercola juicer we now have.

Old juicer:


New juicer:


Without further ado, here is our ode to my auntie Ginger. Who is resting peacefully in heaven, no longer in pain, sharing her awesome laugh with Jesus.

BIG GINGER C JUICE:
6 Navel oranges
1 Large carrot
1 McIntosh apple
1 Large knob of ginger

Pass all through juicer & serve over ice! Makes 2 servings. Share it with someone you love.


Leave your comments below, I love hearing from you.

1 comment :

  1. Get well soon my love! Muahz XOXO's gros bisous ma belle chérie!

    ReplyDelete