Translate

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Self Love & Faith

Today is the day before Valentine's & I felt it was very apropos to write a small excerpt from Joel Osteen's book, Your Best Life Now. It's about self-love, faith, and positive thinking. I am not a big fan of the Osteen's for my own reason's, however, on occasion there is something good that I find in his message. I take all with a grain of salt.
 Here goes:

God has so much more in store for you.
You need to make a decision that you are not going to live an average, mediocre life. When you get up in the morning you need to have an attitude of: I'm going to do something great. I'm going to excel in my career. I'm going to enthusiastically serve other people. I'm going to break out of this mold and rise to new heights.
If you look carefully, you will see that God has been trying to encourage you. He's allowed people to cross your path who are far more successful than you are, who have much stronger marriages, who are enjoying His favor in marvelous ways. When you see or hear about other people succeeding or doing what you want to do, be encouraged rather than jealous.
Get beyond the barriers of the past and start expecting God to do great things in your life.

From: Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen. Pages 6-9 chapter 1 Enlarging Your Vision

Remember when you are sharing your love with others to pour it over your own heart and feel Gods love in the depths of your being, loving you and wanting the best for you. We are precious in the sight of God, you are precious in the sight of God, through his son we have been saved. Keep that knowing, that light and the strength of that love with you always. In Jesus name Amen.

Take care, be well, love freely...K




No comments :

Post a Comment