Translate

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Stop Beating Yourself Up



There's no denying that life can be hard, it can become so overwhelming that just making it through the day seems an insurmountable task. Facing people in it, the myriad of interactions, coping with stress, negativity, mean spirited comments, the harshness that can bring us so low that we can't cope & are unsure how to overcome. It can just be too much to bear some days.
We all know the reality of these external factors pressing in on us but what about how we abuse ourselves on a daily basis? How we hurt our own hearts & berate ourselves with the most crushing words. Negative self-talk does so much damage to your psyche & health. Think of it, we do not want others speaking to us in a brutal, abusive, or in a degrading manner; we do not tolerate it from another, but how many times a day do you speak negatively to yourself & about yourself? Often it begins from the moment you wake & see yourself in the mirror. Think back on how many times you have said, "I look awful, I am so fat, too skinny, why am I so stupid? The list of put downs begins without even coming into contact with another. Damage has been inflicted & in the most insidious manner because we don't recognize this self-flagellation as a very real form of abuse. It goes on for years, and the saddest part is that it slips our conscious mind, that no one has the right to talk to someone like this. Then please tell me, why are we doing it to ourselves?
There's good news!
WE CAN CHALLENGE IT!
WE CAN CHANGE IT!
WE WILL NOTICE A SENSE OF JOY AND HAPPINESS WHEN WE CHOOSE TO DO SO!
This all begins with a simple step and a promise to be kind in your thinking.
Retrain your mind to love what you see, start saying nice things about yourself, appreciate all the wonderful things your body allows you to do, you must give love to yourself in order to have it to share with others.
Try this:
I love my eyes because they allow me to see.
I love my hands because they allow me to touch & manipulate my environment.
I love my body because it keeps me alive, it is an integral part of how I interact with others & the world.
I love my heart because it beats & continues to pump life & love into this magnificent body.
I love my feet because they take me places.
I love my arms because they allow me to embrace.
I love my mouth because it allows me to communicate.
I love my mind because it is unique to my being, it is beautiful in its curiosity & ability to take in information, as well as sharing it.

When was the last time you said, body, heart, mind, soul, I love you?
Every moment is a precious gift from God.
Think on this, when you look back on your life would you rather see it steeped in self-hate or self-love? Cruelty to self, or would high self-esteem, along with precious joy, true appreciation of your gifts & talents, an accurate assessment of who you are, be easier to recall? A deep rooted, healthy, honest love, and because you gave so much to yourself, it could not help but spill over to others. Be kind in your thoughts, actions, and deeds toward all. This includes you.

1 comment :

  1. I love my eyes because they see you. 
    I love my hands because they allow me to touch & feel my Rbj. 
    I love my body because it belongs to you, it is an integral part of how I interact with you. 
    I love my heart because it beats & continues to pump life & love toward you. 
    I love my feet because they take me near you. 
    I love my arms because they allow me to embrace you. 
    I love my mouth because it allows me to communicate & kiss you. 
    I love my mind because it is unique to my being, it is beautiful in its curiosity (of you) & ability to take in information (from you), as well as sharing it with you. Thank you Abba, we love you, "our heart, our minds, our soul"...

    ReplyDelete