Translate

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Happy National Cake Pop Day!



I found these adorbs cake pops all kawaii'd up from other bakers on line.
I have not made cake pops in years because as cute and versatile as they are, they are also time consuming to shape and even longer to decorate. Give me one big three tiered cake to decorate over pops any day, however, I am very willing to enjoy the tasty treats myself. I made chocolate and lime cake pops in salted dark chocolate for a client many years back, she needed something tasty, gluten free, and with a pow in the flavour department, that was portable. I came up with this flavour based on a dark chocolate lime truffle I had found at Godiva, looks like these:


They are dangerously delicious, very tart, tangy, sweet, which all melds perfectly with the bitter chocolate. I buy two twice a year and stay away from them because I would be fine with shoving my face into the whole decadent box and scarfing them all down by myself. My hips would be the worse for it though, so I stick to twice a year on my birthday and to celebrate the arrival of my favourite season-fall. These were the chocolate and lime with salted chocolate, cake pops we made; although we preferred to call them cake bombs because they were a flavour explosion in your mouth.


Unfortunately, we didn't take more pictures and the owner of the shop who was doing the opening said they all disappeared before she got a picture of them but the people loved them, so we were happy. Note to self, when catering an event, take your own pictures way before. I will work on finding the recipe for this and post it in time for Easter because they make a lovely alternative to lemon and they have a lot of pucker punch sweetness for your mouth. Until then, enjoy national cake pop day everyone.

No comments :

Post a Comment