Translate

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mint Mango and Cucumber Salad


Enjoying the beautiful warm and sunny weather, everyone seems to be smiling a bit easier and so much more relaxed when you walk outside. We had a particularly long winter and that means we were more sedentary than we wanted to be. This means lighter fare and so I am clean eating and that involves coming up with some lively recipes to keep my taste buds happy and my body healthy. I had some ingredients I didn't get to use while juicing that worked perfectly together, so I decided to make a bright, flavourful salad to go with our supper last night. I think you and your loved one's will really enjoy it.

MINT MANGO AND CUCUMBER SALAD:

Ingredients:
1 Large English cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 Cup mango, peeled and chopped
8 Large mint leaves cut into chiffonade (sliced thinly into strips)
1 tsp Fresh grated ginger
Zest of 1 lime
3 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp Maple syrup
2 Tbsp Grape seed oil
1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp Salt

Method:
-Place all ingredients in a non reactive bowl (not metal) and gently stir.
-Allow to sit and macerate for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Remember to share it with those you love.



I served it with string beans and gremolata seasoned white fish, it was a big hit. Leave your comments below and don't forget to subscribe!

No comments :

Post a Comment