Translate

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Tender Tummy Juice



Yup, I got stomach flu in the warm weather. The worst, you don't know if you are hot because of the temperature outside or if it's s your body responding to the rise in external temperatures until the chills come on; then it's a wrap.
I was so sure I was having a gluten response until the fever coupled with cramps came on, then I knew it was not gluten related. Had to stay home, had bio-k liquid probiotics-big help,(I will be doing a review of pro b's in the near future) juiced some mild soothing juices, loads of liquids, and rest. I wasn't going to put it here but then I realized that was silly because loads of people get the flu and it might be beneficial.
This recipe is a great standby, I find it eases symptoms quickly because of the ingredients which I chose to help heal the stomach when in duress. I know it may seem a bit strange because of the cabbage but trust me, cabbage has wonderful healing properties, it has been used for digestive issues and to assist the body in healing ulcers. You don't notice it in the taste and it does its work beautifully when coupled with the ginger and fennel. I add the apple because it's one of the easiest juices to take when sick and smooths out the flavour. Hope you like it. If you're really not keeping down liquids, it's always recommended to start with a teaspoon, wait 10 minutes, then take another tsp, wait 15 minutes, then try a tbsp and eventually 1/4 cup. Work your way up slowly, remember that you are supposed to starve a fever, feed a cold. I like this juice anytime my stomach is upset and even when I feel I overindulged the day before. Bonus, young one's like it too and this can be made into frozen pops for big and small kids alike.
Here you go...

TENDER TUMMY JUICE:
Ingredients:
1 stalk celery
1/4 fennel bulb
1/2 cup green cabbage
1 medium knob ginger
1 Romaine lettuce leaf
8-10 apples
1/4 cup coconut water

No comments :

Post a Comment