Translate

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Vegan Goji Tropical Smoothie



It's Saturday morning Crêpes fest! We have been enjoying these ever since I found that awesome gluten free recipe for them, see earlier posts. I decided to make some pretty smoothies to go with breakfast, as I had Goji berries and tropical fruit lying around, I did this summer recipe.
It's not too strong, I use papaya and Goji berries, both of which I don't particularly like but I know they're good for me so I use other ingredients to mask the taste. It was surprisingly delightful and went perfectly with our morning crêpes. So happy!
In case you have never heard of the Goji berry, here's what it looks like and under the pictures there's info and the recipe follows.



Apparently this is a wonder berry, it can:
-increase sexual function
-natural antidepressant
-increases immune function
-enhances metabolism
-aids in weight loss
-good for the skin
-astronomical levels of antioxidants
-many vitamins and minerals
-disease fighting polysaccharides
-contain 500 times more vitamin C than oranges
-contain 18 amino acids
-full of beta carotene & B vitamins
-even compete for steak in iron content
-25,000 oxygen radical absorbance capacity
-cancer fighting because of high antioxidant levels
-high in fiber
-very portable
-long standing medicinal history, Tibetan & Chinese herbalists have been recommending them for over 6 centuries!

Thank you Living Raw Food for the info.

I think you need to get you some Goji berries in your diet and you can begin with the recipe down below.

VEGAN GOJI TROPICAL SMOOTHIE:

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp Goji berries soaked for 2-4 hours
1/4 of a ripe banana
1/2 Cup papaya, de-seeded and chopped
1/4 Cup pineapple chopped
1/2 Cup ripe mango chopped
1 Small knob ginger chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 1/2 Cups Coconut water

Method:
-Blend all in blender, serve over ice.

Makes 2 servings


Enjoy! Don't forget to share with someone you love and let me hear from you, comments down below. Have a blessed weekend.

1 comment :