Translate

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Life Has a Way of Letting you Know to Slow Down


So, I have an old friend visiting again. Mr. Hot water bottle because I have a kidney infection and need the warmth to ease the pain. It kinda sucks because I had a lot to do this week writing, blogging, recipe tests, and business cooliosity, but I obviously need to slow down. My Poppa Bear has been wonderful, he's keeping me company and making sure that I rest, like really rest. It seems silly that even though we are long distance, he has to keep an eye on me and remind me that being sick and needing time to recover does not mean you are lazy.
We're skyping like crazy, he's checking what I am drinking and eating, listening to sermons, doing bible readings, and we're watching movies in between my napping.



My yummy booboo who is like, the best boyfriend ever!

Delicious noodle broth soup with nappa that I got at the Asian place near our house because I am way too run down to cook



The Mummy was our choice, we had forgotten how much fun it was.

Pb likes the sexy Librarian

I am sure this is what he has in mind with Mb in some sexy outfit, teehee.

I adore this man, he is my best friend, my sweet heart, a harbour in the storms of life. He always prays for me/us, he brings my focus back to Jesus, and he gently reminds me of what scripture says for the weary and unwell. It's bolstering when I get fed up or frustrated with my thyroid, my energy levels, my weight gain, nausea, and now a kidney infection. It's easy to get irritable and forget to take the time needed. It's a struggle to accept making room for inactivity, as much as the desire to move and do beckons, it is not always what God has planned. So I am stopping for a few days, health being my focus, and leaning on Jesus and my beloved.

Jesus says rest all you who are weary, all the permission I need. Thank you Abba.

I know that I am biased but I adore how cute we are. I love you babe xoxoxo!

1 comment :