Translate

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Things I Love About Autumn


It's the last day of September and October has loads going on with the last vestiges of summer finally saying adieu, farewell, catch you next year. Officially it's 85 days left until Christmas!
I know, that soon. Good time to start shopping early, catching some sales, and having no stress this Christmas, if you are so inclined.
I am continuing with my healthy routine, walking early in the day, and will soon begin my autumn cleanse, which I actually look forward to. There will be juice recipes that I will post along with some cleanse info but that will be later because there's a whole, Ode to Fall thing starting this October 2nd, that will have fall dedicated recipes and the like.
With all that happening, it got me thinking about this time of the year, why I feel so happy and alive in it, and I realized I wanted to do a post on the things I love about autumn, so here goes.

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT AUTUMN:

1) Food is full of the best spices and people want it there, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, ginger, allspice. You bring smiles to my heart and delight to my nose.

2) Pumpkins get their due,even if it is only for a short time. The world would be a much sadder place if we didn't have pumpkin pie, pumpkin lattés, pumpkin scones, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup, pumpkin bread, pumpkin gnocchi, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin mousse, pumpkin tarts, pumpkin cinnamon rolls, pumpkin ice cream, and my fav- pumpkin smoothies. Well, maybe the pie is my actual favourite but the smoothie comes a close second .


3) The colours, nothing else needs to be said, just look outside and appreciate.


4) Hot beverages become a good thing and everybody wants in. Hot cider, hot tea, hot specialty coffees, hot cocoa. Even better when shared or had in your jammie's by a roaring fireplace; outside on a park bench is nice too.


5)That wonderful smell as the leaves mulch up, those bursts of fresh air, and how pleasant it is for my nose to feel a slight nip.

6) Family holiday's begin again and along with it all the blessings of enjoying good food, baking delicious desserts, laughing and teasing around the dinner table, and holding hands in a moment of prayer when we are thankful for all that is good and gifted in our lives.


7) All the fun decorations that are out, some are spooky, some are a bit gross, but some are so beautiful. It's so amazing to watch people get creative and go all out.


8) The bookstore and quiet moments when I can still sit outside and read while the occasional squirrel flits by with a cherished nut, and I can be dressed in my fall gear, cozy and satisfied whilst sipping my soy chai latte.

9) My last, most treasured thing about fall is how romantic, lovey dovey, ooey gooey, and completely smitten Poppa Bear and Mama Bear get. This time of the year is filled with such good memories for us and we tell our love stories over and over again when we talk. Sometimes it's because we miss one another so much, then there's those times when it's a fun way to melt away the miles that separate us and we laugh and laugh at our silly greatest hits. Other times it's to remind us of how far we have come, how much we mean to one another, and that we are so blessed by God to have this depth of love & feeling. It's all so lovely and it's the reason closest to my heart for always.





2 comments :

  1. Awww, je t'aime fort ma belle chérie<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je t'aime fort mon cher coeur, pour toujours xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete