Translate

Friday, November 13, 2015

It's Official!


That's right folks, only 6 weeks to go until my favourite holiday arrives!
I have already begun my Christmas Cookie Gift baking and I think I will do a post with multiple recipes, so you can get your bake on without having to go back and forth through links.
We started with our yearly challenge cookie, I have been trying to make a gluten- free version of Italian lemon ricotta cookies and it's been a dud for the last 3 years. This year we tried a different approach and it's given us a viable and rather tasty cookie but it's still not 100% right. Seeing as the ingredients can get quite expensive, we only attempt it for the holiday season I can say that we are close and the fun part is tweaking the ingredients and learning from our mistakes. This is what the kitchen has been churning out this week:

Those are the lemon ricotta try outs above, below are my orange shortbread meltaways which are in the dough and chill stages for now.


Have also been working on some fondant pieces to decorate cupcakes and cakes:


We have also been baking some vegan English muffins and they have been deelish! Will share with you soon.
I have a recipe post coming up this weekend and it's the rawfood vegan crackers I promised a ways back. I know that I have been posting much less this month but I am going to catch up. Keep checking in and for now, happy gluten-free holidays and it's going to be a Merry Christmas in 6 weeks! God bless.
Leave any requests for cookie recipes you may have in the comments section down below & don't forget to subscribe!

No comments :

Post a Comment