Translate

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

DIY Christmas All Natural Face & Body Scrubs


Bonjour all!
I am giving you a recipe for an amaze bombs gift and product that is completely natural, mostly organic (feel free to use non organic if the budget does not permit) way cheaper than what they over charge for in stores, and works beautifully along with smelling good!
I have made these scrubs as gifts and they have been so well received, people adore the packaging, and it does not have horrible carcinogenic chemicals.  I also put these scrubs in glass jars, (recycle and use non plastic when you can, please!) and make my own fancy decorated lids along with the tags. I am including pictures down below and a little blurb write-up to cut/paste/print and add to the gift tag. You will need this as people find the how to of scrub usage to be most confusing, why?
I do not know. Just roll with it.
This recipe uses ingredients I have on hand and I make this scrub to use myself in a variety of scents and for giving, with different skin types in mind. Today will be the straight forward method with an additional twist instruction if you want to make it more lively.

ALL NATURAL FACE & BODY SUGAR SCRUB 
Recipe makes 2-4 jars depending on the size you use
Ingredients:
2 Cups Fine organic cane sugar
1/4 Cup Organic raw honey
3 Tbsp Organic cold pressed coconut oil
1-2 drops essential oil of choice*

Method:
-In a large bowl add ingredients** and mix together until combined
-Using a spoon, scoop mixture into glass jars, decorate as you like and close with a lid.
-Lasts 6 months, and is gentle enough for most skin types.

*I like to use rose essential oil for more mature skin with a bit of vanilla
I use tea tree oil for skin that is prone to breakouts and for a more masculine touch, feel free to use more woodsy scents or green tea. Everyone likes grapefruit or citrus essential oils and lemongrass is another popular essential oil. Just be careful not to use too much as it is strong for the skin.

** To add a cool and scrumdidilyumptious twist, add some scrub with 2 tbsp coffee and grind until beans are no longer whole, add this to the rest of the recipe and you will have a lovely mocha scented cellulite body scrub. I have even used a salted caramel coffee and it was divine!


                                 

                                 
I use mason jars and lids for containers. I have craft paper, these I punch and make discs out of to use to cover the top of the lid to make it more festive or pretty for a gift for any time of the year.
                                 
I use sparkly washi tape from the dollar max store or Etsy, then I wrap around the middle piece of the mason jar lid. I heat my glue gun for the next part.
                               

                              
I then cut rounds of parchment paper and glue them to the back of the lid I decorated with tape, this is to avoid the oils in the scrub from loosening the glue and making my hard work come apart.
                              

                                
Then I use the glue gun to glue one of the decorative paper discs to the top of the lid in the center to have it looking like these:

                              
As you can see this makes it POP and adds sparklies! Who doesn't like sparklies? My inner unicorn goes bonkers when I play with sparkle washi tape. Shhh, that's my adorkable secret.
I use these lids for other gifts too, like my special homemade hot cocoa recipe, will post that Thursday.
                               
Then I use the same hole punch to make more discs which I stamp with cute reindeer or use washi tape to jazz them up. These I punch a small hole in the top with a single hole punch and tie them along with a printed or hand written tag with the directions. (See last pic below for tag discs)



Face & Body Scrub

This all-natural gentle face scrub will help tighten pores, remove dead skin cells, moisturize, 
and fight signs of aging.

Directions: 
Wet face with warm water at sink or in shower.                                                       
Place 1-2 tsp scrub in hand, Mix scrub with some warm water,                                                       Apply to face by gently rubbing in circular motion, rinse with warm water and gently pat face dry. You do not need to 
wash the face with soap.  
                                                                                              
Contains: Organic honey, organic cane sugar, essesntial oil, organic cold-pressed coconut oil.

I hope you enjoy making and giving these as much as I have, happy holidays and God bless!

                               

No comments :

Post a Comment