Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

What I am Up to This Week

 
Morning peoples,
The above pic is just a bit of a frustration giggle release. We went to the market and there were some new items I wanted to test which should not have contained gluten but they did. Totally unnecessary as an added ingredient but it's still there because it is cheaper to use as a filler. It really angers me, why do hot beverages need the addition of gluten and chemicals? There are so many products on the market containing artificial and gluten laden fillers which cheapen production costs but don't give a superior product or translate to better prices at the cash. It usually ends up costing more, especially when it was a product that used to contain no fillers and was great. ROAR! SCREAM! ARGH!
Okay, I guess I gotta let it go. 
Thanks for sticking out the rant, moving forwards. 
I am working on recipes but they are not all finished, so no posts yet for stuff you can make. They are coming though, here's a few sneak peak pics:
This one is paleo, would like to get it vegan as well but that may be tricky.
This is one that may actually only go in my cookbook, it's my Southern Spiced GF Fried Chicken. It's a classic summer special which I make very rarely but is oft requested and a huge hit with gluten & non-gluten eaters. 
I also played with some tofu puffs again and this time it was soup, I am so addicted to these things! 
Recently tried my hand at golden milk, still needs tweaking. 
And there's these limey white chocolate beauties. 
I think I will be posting more recipes in June and maybe one next week. I have had less time for baking and recipe development, as I have been in gardening/homesteading mode.
I found a recipe for a dandelion aches & pain salve, never knew that they could be used this way. I have been gathering and drying dandelion heads for test DIY projects.
They are free, there's loads of them on the lawn out back, and I am curious to find out how effective this stuff is. I use the dandelions out back because they are pesticide free and no dogs have peed or dupsed on them; something that cannot be said for the one's out front. Eew!
If it works, I will post it here as a DIY recipe, there was also a dandelion syrup but I am iffy on it, as I don't drink overly sweetened beverages. 
I am also working on apple cider vinegar, this has me so freaking excited! I have been dehydrating some older apples that we didn't want to lose, as such, I was left with lots of apple cores and peelings; which I could not bear to waste. I don't have a composter yet, so what's a girl to do? I decided to test make a batch of vinegar, so far so good. Will post that soon too, if all continues to go well. 
My earth and dirty fun planting has been such a wonderful and fun activity. It's been very positive in a landscape of stressful negatives, has helped with feeling down, and gives a thrill of joy when seeds begin to pop out little green life! 
Look at my spring onions!
It turns out that playing in dirt is very good for us and here is why:
My hands definitely like the feel of playing in the dirt!
That's all I got for now, wishing you a happy & blessed day. If you have not tried your hand at being a green thumb and doing something as easy as growing herbs, in a garden, on a kitchen window sill, or in a hanging basket, I highly recommend you get out there and try it! I am by no means a pro, just reading books, watching videos on YouTube, and reading other blogs I find on Pinterest. It brings out smiles and I am helping the planet along with my wallet. Whatever you do, do it with respect for this fragile planet, respect it and go as organic and natural, DIY, no chemicals, and reuse what you have. 



 

No comments :

Post a Comment