Translate

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Big Changes Coming to the Blog!

Hello lovely people,

Today is an announcement that follows from something I posted several months ago. This blog is going to be changing in many ways. 
Firstly, there will be a new name. 
This is to coincide with another big change in my life. (More on that in a moment. )
This blog will also be moving to a new home with a completely new look, and there will be some very positive changes. I am aiming for a sleeker, more clean, and 
simplified look to the blog. This leads to the other big change, I am finally opening up an Etsy shop. That's why I need to change the blog name, as I want it all to work together and for the blog to be more functional. For the past while I have been seriously focusing on minimalist living, homesteading, & things like canning and gardening. This has all been bundled up in writing and developing new recipes. The canning has become something others have shown interest in, along with purchasing the "fruits" of my labours-I like the pun, no pardons necessary ;P
To be honest, it had not occurred to me to start selling my jams, jellies, compotes, and protein bombs; however, people have asked and told me they would like to buy them. It was an eye opener and I smiled because it was rather silly not to have considered it. 
I have noticed that things have been falling into place much more easily than for other things I have been attempting to make happen. This has led me to be very grateful, to remove fear, and really dive in.
Life has a way of moving you along at the right moment and slowing you down when you need it most, no matter how stubbornly you insist. It's been a difficult 5 years, full of many ups and too many downs. I kept pushing for something to happen because I could not let go, it was still too raw and sometimes I felt like I still had not given it my all. Even though people around me kept telling me I did my best and did give all I humanly could.
I guess forgiveness also applies to ourselves, doesn't it? It often seems most difficult to accept the failures and give one's self permission to make mistakes, to learn, grow, and let go. For a long time I had felt that I had to hold on because my failure meant I did not deserve to move forward. Because I failed, I could not possibly have learned what I should have. I realize now that I had to go through all that I did because it was not meant for me, and that is okay. I also learned that words like, supposed to or should, are not measures or standards anywhere else but in my mind.
I took the journey, God showed me it wasn't right for me, and I stubbornly refused to accept & let go. There is no such thing as deserving to be in constant pain, berating for perceived short comings, or refusing to let go because happiness is not deserved until you have properly learned your lesson. 
There is just life, and it needs to be lived because tomorrow is not promised and coming alive is a gift from God. 
It would be rude to give it back. 
So, you are probably wondering, (those of you who actually stop by here and read the blog) what's going to happen next and what about the info on this blog? 
Good questions. 
I have been mulling this over for several months now, I will be keeping certain parts and of course most of the recipes. There will be some downsizing, along with new additions; like a store link section and product information etc. 
I am also adding some ads and there will be that Patreon/crowd funding stuff going up as well. It's time to move forward, grow up and implement loads of new stuff I have learned.  
I will slowly move posts and info over, and eventually this blog will be emptied (I may leave the thyroid stuff here and also add it to the new blog, access to that kind of info is important, still not 100% decided yet) and will only show the link to the new blog. All of this will be happening as quickly as I can get it done and I invite you all to come and be a part of this wonderful change. There will be loads of great new posts, recipes to try, pictures to drool over and some new things to discover. I am so looking forward to it and hope you will enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed working on it! 
I am nervous an excited, both of which are good things. 
So, this site will be quiet after this week to come-still a few posts for the beginning of June. It's only for a brief moment in time; as I focus on getting the new one up and running. It won't be too long, so come back and check in to be able to see the new and bold awesomeness to come! 

No comments :

Post a Comment