Translate

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Gluten-free, Honey Graham cereal Recipe, Excalibur Dehydrator Christened (raw food)

As you may know, I have been praying for access to a Vitamix and a raw food dehydrator for months. God answered my prayers, and I am overjoyed. I have already begun to play, first thing I have been wanting/craving is cereal. Not just any cereal, honey graham cereal. I made a small batch because it was a tester recipe, feel free to double and quadruple the recipe. Just make sure to spread it properly on the teflex lined dehydrator sheets. As always, pics follow. I apologize for not doing the usual visual breakdown of steps, I forgot in my excitement and rushed because I am still unpacking from the move. This is the delicious outcome, here's to our health and a contended heart.

Gluten free, Raw Honey'd
Graham Cereal:

-11/2 Cup Organic almonds soaked overnight and rinsed thoroughly
-3 Tbsp Organic ground tiger nuts
-1 Tbsp Organic ground flax (mine has cranberries or blueberries ground in, it's up to you.)
-3Tbsp Organic date sugar or coconut sugar
-4 Tbsp Organic raw honey (always use a wood or porcelain spoon not metal in your honey when measuring to keep the enzymes and honey from degrading)
-3 tsp Organic ground cinnamon
-11/2-2 Cups filtered water
-1 tsp Organic orange zest (optional)

Method:
-In Vitamix blend all ingredients adding 11/2 Cup water to begin and adding the rest and a bit more if you need, blend on high speed until you have a nice thick paste. As I said, add more or less water as you need.
-Spread over a teflex sheet and place in dehydrator
-On Raw food (live food) setting (105 degrees) and dehydrate
for 7 hours then take out, using a pizza cutter, cut into small squares.
-Place back in dehydrator for 15-17 hours, you want a crisp, thin, small, well dried square.
-Keep in an airtight jar and serve for breakfast as is with milk of your choice and fresh fruit.







No comments :

Post a Comment