Translate

Friday, April 5, 2013

Raw Zing Soup with Greens and Avocado (raw food)

Whoa la!
This move is never ending, good thing is my roomie has a Vitamix, and we just ordered an Excalibur dehydrator with 9 trays!!!!
God answered my prayers just in time for Spring cleanse, giving thanks and praises in Jesus name for the wealth of blessings come my way. I am truly thankful and not wasting these golden opportunities. So, things are hectic and it's really been a toss and blend kind of week with simple salads but everyone raved about the soup so I thought I should post the recipe. It's really refreshing and you can pound it back as a green smoothie on the go if you are in a rush. I used all organic ingredients because we are in cleanse mode and in the warmer seasons I eat organic as much as possible but I understand if people are on a budget. Do your best and love yourself in these moments, no matter what.

Raw Zing Soup with Greens & Avocado:

-2 Tomatoes
-1 bunch of Arugala (about 11/2 Cup)
-1/2 Cup of Parsley
-2 Stalks Celery, peeled and chopped
-1 Avocado
-Zest of 1/2 a Lemon
-Juice of 1 Lemon
-2 Tbsp Miso
-1 Tbsp Herbamare or your fav herb mix with or without salt
-1/4 Cube Harvest Sun Fine Herbs Organic Stock Cube
-3-4 Cups Water (Brought to a boil and allowed to cool down to warm but not "cook" your precious, enzyme rich ingredients. A bit Warner then your body temperature will do.)
-1 Tbsp Gluten-free Tamari (optional)
-2 Tsp Nutritional Yeast

Method:
-Throw all ingredients in your blender and blend until all incorporated, I like to keep a few specks of greens showing but that's for my own personal aesthetic. Blend into submission as you like.
Enjoy, freezes beautifully, this served 4 easily. Makes a great first course before your meal.


No comments :

Post a Comment