Translate

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Gluten-free Caramel Cornflake Drops (no bake)


So, we are drawing the 12 days of Gluten-free Christmas Cookie Recipes to a close today. I am feeling so much better and am happy to be back on my feet, baking away. I chose a drop cookie for 3 reasons.
1- I wanted a cookie you can do with your kids.

2-I loved this recipe when I was younger.

3-I wanted an excuse to us McCormick caramel & finish up my leftover caramel sauce from the salted caramel apple pie gems.

I know it's not a fancy Cookie but it is really enjoyed your those who eat it & it's a nice addition to your cookie gift.

CARAMEL CORNFLAKE DROPS RECIPE:

Difficulty: Low
Cost Range: Low to Medium
Time: Prep and decorating time 45 mins
Yields: 36 Cookies depending on size you make them
Freeze: Beautifully, last 1 month

Ingredients:

-7 Cups Gluten-free cornflakes
-8 packages of McCormick caramel (the tablet not the small individual caramels)
-1/8 Cup Lactose-free cream 35%
-1/4 Cup Salted butter
-1/2 tsp Kosher salt
-1 tsp Real Vanilla extract
-1 Tbsp Corn syrup (can omit)
- 1/2 Cup Caramel sauce (see previous recipe posts for the recipe)
-1/2 Cup Slivered glace cherries in red & green (I ran out of green so I used only red)

Method:

-In a heavy bottom large sauce pan melt butter, then add McCormick caramels and melt. Stir constantly.

-Add cream, salt, vanilla and stir well.

-Stir in corn syrup (you can omit)

-Remove pot from heat and add cornflakes, stir well. Add caramel sauce and finish stirring through.

-Drop by tablespoonful on a parchment lined cookie sheet, add a few slivered cherries to decorate. Chill and serve with a tall glass of your favourite milk.

Remember to share a tester with someone you love & leave a comment below of you try this recipe out. I love hearing from you.







No comments :

Post a Comment