Translate

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 2 Whole 30 Journey



Day 2 was actually a very productive day, I had good energy levels, got much accomplished, & the only negatives I experienced were bloat, some minor skin breakouts, a touch of eczema, & running to the bathroom a lot. Not to be gross but the later part surprised me because I never have problems in this area unless on prescription meds & I am documenting this experience as honestly as possible for those who may be reading & wondering what to expect.
I got two different bone broths on, one beef & the other chicken, finished the mussel dish leftovers, enjoyed some dressed eggs, loads of strawberries with a mango, & dinner was umami gingered shrimp with shiitake mushrooms! I will post the recipe at a later date, for now it's time line of experiences.
In case you're wondering what umami means this is from Wikipedia:
Umami /uːˈmɑːmi/, a savory taste,is one of the five basic tastes (together with sweet, sour, bitter and salty).

A loanword from the Japanese (うま味?), umami can be translated as "pleasant savory taste".[4] This particular writing was chosen by Professor Kikunae Ikeda from umai (うまい) "delicious" and mi (味) "taste". The kanji 旨味 are used for a more general sense of a food as delicious.

People taste umami through receptors for glutamate, commonly found in its salt form as the food additive monosodium glutamate (MSG). For that reason, scientists consider umami to be distinct from saltiness.

This was the dish and I served it with the family favourite, plantain fried up in coconut oil with some sea salt.






I think what I was most happy about were the following:

-Got my food prep done
-Made fresh juice
-Worked on the blog
-Worked on my cookbook
-Worked on the business
-Worked on my crochet project
-Went on a power walk
-Watched a movie
-Got some prayer time in
-Spent the end of my night with my beloved

All in all a very good day! Whole 30,i am sticking with you & God, I want to thank you for walking me through this door. I really do feel blessed.

1 comment :