Translate

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Nutty Banana Bread Smoothie



Good day one & all,
There are so many nostalgic moments attached to banana bread, in my life. I remember coming home after school to a freshly baked & buttered slices, enjoying them with a cup of cocoa & feeling better; no matter what kind of day it had been.
Sometimes on the weekend we would wake up to it's tantalizing aroma wafting through the house. But, I think my personal favourites were on quiet afternoons when mom would include me in a baking session. She would be ever patient as she helped me, whisking eggs, grabbing the milk carton then pouring, measuring and make additions. I would almost press my nose right up to the hot stove window, wondering how much longer until those loaf pans were ready to yield their banana goodness to me. I am no longer able to tolerate such offerings but it is possible to play with ingredients & help my taste buds reminisce a bit once more. Here is a simple smoothie recipe that is great for using up ripe bananas & is a glass of enjoyably comforting flavours. 

NUTTY BANANA BREAD SMOOTHIE:
Ingredients:
-1/2 ripe banana
-1 Tbsp raw pecan butter
-1scoop hemp protein powder
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/4 tsp ground or fresh scraped nutmeg - 2 tsp flax oil
-1 tsp coconut oil
-1 Cup almond milk unsweetened
-1 tsp maple syrup (optional, I do not need it because the banana adds sweetness but some like the added depth of flavour, use grade B)

Method:
Place all ingredients in blender and whizz for 30 seconds, serve over ice!



No comments :

Post a Comment