Translate

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day 3 Whole 30 Journey

Ok, let me start off by saying that I am tired but still more energetic than I usually am. I am getting stuff done & am sleeping much better but I am running to the bathroom quite a bit at night. That's owing to the increase in water & that I forgot to take my supplements an hour before bedtime, so I paid the piper, or the plumber. Hehheh.
I will get the unpleasantness out of the way first & move to the good right after. Men, you might want to skip ahead to the next paragraph after the picture, as women stuff is rearing it's wonderful head right now.
Woke up ITCHING! Oh! Ma gaaah! I wanted to take my vajayjay off, staple it to the wall and take a back scratcher to it. I wasted no time & downed 2 acidophilus caps & stuck one internally; thank God it eased the symptoms greatly. Ladies, keep it handy in the fridge & use it! I am obviously in a Candida die off phase, having gone through this before I knew not to scratch, no tight restrictive clothes, and probiotics asap!



So my shame to claim is that I am craving cinnamon buns, those big fluffy, cinnamon streaked, buttery, frosting drenched baddies. I think it's absolutely cray cray that I want these, seeing as I have not had a real one in 6 years & even that was gluten-free and was not as good as the real one's. I did make some Paleo cinnamon rolls a couple of months ago but they really are not the same, good but not the majestic cinnamon bun we all know and love. It started last week when my mom stopped at Saint Cinnamon after lengthy fruitless shopping for running shoes.
She spotted, we sat, she ordered, I drooled & looked away most of the time. But the smell, sigh...
Then last night I was innocently looking for a recipe for Paleo pot pie when someone had posted cinnamon buns in my feed. I proceeded to go into overdrive & ended up a puddle of shameful covetousness, for a plate of memories that I was trolling for on other Pinner's boards. These were beautiful, look:


I drew the line & shut Pinterest down after I saw this gorgeous cinnamon cake specimen. Oh what a world, what a world... Cue melting puddle of big fat... DENIED!!!



I behaved myself & stuck to this instead:



I used today as a day to eat up any leftovers because I want to eat everything as fresh as possible with minimum waste.
So much less glamorous but I was happy, it wasn't that bad, I like to be a bit dramatic. The health benefits outweigh the 10 minutes of cravings that did pass, and I continue this whole 30 journey. Maybe some scratch & sniff cinnamon bun stickers would be a decent substitute.

No comments :

Post a Comment