Translate

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Garlicky Herb Dressing on Tuna Salad


So, today is a simple recipe for a dressing to add some serious flavour kick to those often boring, chemical laden, unhealthy, tuna salads. I find this pairs very well with tuna but feel free to play around with chicken or any other low fat protein.

GARLICKY HERB DRESSING
Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 Cup Apple cider vinegar
1 Clove medium sized garlic-crushed
2 tsp Dried basil
2 tsp Dried oregano
1/2 tsp Dried garlic powder
1/2 tsp Dried onion powder
1/4 tsp Dried thyme
1/2-1 tsp Fresh ground black pepper
1/4-1 tsp Kosher salt

Place all ingredients in a container with a tightly fitting lid, shake up until well mixed. Let sit for 10 mins. Shake well before serving.
I use 2 Tbsp of dressing on my salad, it's very powerful in taste so go easy. Some people like 3 Tbsp, taste as you go.
I saved this on a salad of 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped, 1 carrot grated, 1cucumber-peeled,de-seeded, chopped, 1 red pepper sliced.
The dressing lasts 1 week in the fridge.
Enjoy and let me know how it goes for you should you try it out, I love to read your comments.

1 comment :