Translate

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Paleo Protein Bombs


Good morning lovelies!
Today I am posting a recipe for these Paleo protein bombs that I made to satisfy a craving and give me quick fuel after workouts or during the afternoon slump. They are very rich, high in good fats, loaded with protein, taste smooth and a bit naughty. Fear not, these are calories that feed and fuel, so you can enjoy with a clear conscious. They are also another easy peasy delicious recipe which you don't bake and can do with little hands. Just remind the kids that they need to chill in the fridge a bit before eating, for the best flavour. I made these with 2 different protein powders. One was regular whey protein for someone I know and the other used Paleo friendly protein, which does turn them a different colour because of the green protein. Unfortunately, my pictures were blurred and had to be discarded but you can use your imagination and next time I make them I will update to this post to show the difference. In the pictures below you can see the regular whey protein and at the bottom is the picture of a new Paleo protein product that is on the market at health food stores. I will be doing a product review soon and will tell all about it, but it's perfect for this recipe, particularly the coconut flavour.
So here goes...

PALEO PROTEIN BOMBS:

Ingredients:
(I used organic for my ingredients to keep these high in nutrition and taste)

1/2 Cup ground almonds
1/4 Cup ground tiger nuts
1 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Scoops protein powder (26.4g protein per scoop & I think it was 15g for the Paleo Protein sample I had but I gotta double check it will let you know.)
1/3 Cup Coconut oil
2 Tbsp Coconut caramel
1 Tbsp Maple syrup
2 Tbsp Unsweetened coconut small shred
1/2 tsp Pink sea salt
1 Vanilla bean pod, inside scraped
1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground (optional, I add to half the recipe so I have 2 flavours in one batch)

Method:
-In a bowl combine all dry ingredients, mix well.
-Add wet to dry, combine. Will from a dough that you should be able to press together and holds its shape.
-Form into rounds, the size you prefer. I find a mouthful is enough, I make mine a bit bigger and get 10 individual pieces but you should get 12 out of this recipe.
-Chill for 1-3 hours before eating.

(Keeps in fridge for 3 days, freeze up to 1 month in a well sealed container. Be careful how you wrap these when storing, vanilla beans are an expensive ingredient and the taste of these is a very delicate one. Flavours like fish and onion will be picked up by these gems and will ruin what is a delightful snack, so take an extra minute to store them properly. Comment below and let me know about any recipes you would like me to try. I love hearing from you, don't forget to subscribe and have a wonderful, blessed day.





1 comment :