Translate

Monday, July 27, 2015

Vanilla Bean Cherry Chia Pudding rawfood



Oh boy! Do I like this recipe, I mean, I liiiiiiiike it! It's so close to tapioca without the reactions and it tastes even more fresh and creamy thanks to the homemade vanilla bean almond milk, a recipe you need, to make this properly; which I linked twice down below.
And no, you cannot substitute if you want the same results that I got. Trust me, it's worth the effort.
I used dark cherries because they are in season, are one of my all time favourite fruits, they meld well with vanilla and almonds, as well as helping to fight inflammation. Winning!
Plus, it's cherries, nothing else needs to be said. If for some sad reason they are not your thing, (For shame, but I forgive you) here are perfect subs:
Strawberries
Blueberries
Mango
Lychee
Apples
Banana
Nectarines
Peaches
Blackberries
Raspberries

If you use banana, add it just before serving so they stay pretty.

Without further ado, here is the delightful recipe.

Vanilla Bean Cherry Chia Pudding

Ingredients:

1/4 Cup White Chia seed
1 1/2 Cups Vanilla bean almond milk, (Link for recipe follows down below before method) use cheesecloth if you don't have a nut-milk bag.
1-2 Tbsp Maple syrup
1/8 tsp Pink sea salt
1/2 Real Vanilla Bean scraped (Step by step how to, with pics is explained in the almond milk recipe which is linked down below).
10-15 Black cherries halved & pit removed, or fruit of your choice.

http://thekinkycoconut.blogspot.ca/2015/07/vanilla-bean-almond-milk-rawfood.html

Method:

-In a bowl add all ingredients and stir then whisk until well combined.
-Pour into container with sealed lid, refrigerate for 30 minutes, stir or shake container once or twice while refrigerating.
-Serve in beautiful bowls topped with a mint leaf, (Once chilled to your preferred temperature. I like mine very cold.)

Remember to share with a loved one. Leave comments or questions down below, I love to hear from you.








http://thekinkycoconut.blogspot.ca/2015/07/vanilla-bean-almond-milk-rawfood.html




Enjoy the fruits of your labours! Pun intended.

No comments :

Post a Comment