Translate

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

First Day of Fall!


It has finally arrived, my most favourite and beloved season of all. L'automne, comment je t'adore! How can you not be enthralled by how gorgeous everything is?

This is when I feel so alive, most grateful for the blessings and chances to experience these wonderful days. I am in complete awe at the beauty that surrounds.
I believe that fall is God's most glorious masterpiece when it comes to nature.

This is the time for hoodies, sleeping with open windows, hot cocoa, apple picking, leaves changing, crisp, fresh, smell in the air, and the full bounty of the harvest.


I created my own: Fall To Enjoy List, just for the fun of it. You should try making yourself one so you remember to make time for you.

I will also add, have a lovely hot cup of tea while staring out the window, on a rainy day, as I curl up with a good book. That's where my smiles live sometimes.


Apple picking is the one I cannot wait to do, seems silly but I missed out on this childhood moment because I sprained my ankle the day before my class was to go; and the chance never presented itself again. Now it's going to happen, God willing, and I am thrilled!
Apple pies, crumble, and sauce, here I come!Along with some brilliant fall recipes to post!
I was thinking of posting fall recipes every day for a week, as my ode to this season. I will see, there are some classics and some fun flavours to play with, along with a new idea or two.
It's so lovely to be able to sleep with the window open, the cool air smells delicious, and the tip of my nose is just slightly chilled. I can't get enough of this time of the year, I wish there was a place where I could live that was fall for 10 months, 1 month of winter and a split month of spring and summer. Poppa Bear likes summer best, not me. He enjoyed October together though, it's much warmer where he is, I found it difficult to adjust because when I left Montreal it was quite chilly. Poppa Bear calls his Mama Bear a polar bear, yup, I don't mind it at all.
Bring on the vibrant and uplifting beauty of autumn with hot tea, books, cozy blankets, pumpkin pies, fireplaces, loads of snuggling, and crunchy leaves changing away.





             It's my little slice of heaven here on earth, thank the Lord for fall. How I love it!

No comments :

Post a Comment