Translate

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sheltered in the Lord, Psalm 91


Psalm 91New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 91
1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

Bible Gateway. Com

I have been organizing and preparing for the opportunity to open my gluten free business, this has meant going through the heaps of recipes that have been lying around. I came across a note from many years ago from a very special lady who was an integral part of the journey I was on, to make peace with and find strength to overcome some daunting obstacles in my life. This was actually not about faith, nor did the subject come up, and I thought God was not part of the conversation or work that was being done. I was wrong about that.
I stumbled across this paper that had other information on it from her and noticed this hastily written addition to it. I was, quite frankly, amazed at it being there and that I had been so blind to it. When I saw it yesterday I was humbled, felt very foolish, but more importantly, very loved. It said, to help you with the fear, read psalm 91.
That's when the realization hit me and it was a profound moment.
God has always been reaching out to me and has been there for me, even when I was not ready for Him to be.
Do you know what a wonderful gift that is? How bolstering to the spirit?
So often there is such a heavy sadness in our heart's, an unyielding sense of loneliness and a surety that our struggle is in a wasteland without support. We rail and yell out, "Where are you God?"
We are convinced that He has abandoned us, that we are alone, and that we are not loved or even worthy of being loved.
The enemy is very good at grinding us down, weighing us down with lies, guilt, distracting us from what is glaringly obvious, and pushing his agenda of fear. We isolate instead of reaching out to God and then we begin to doubt that we are loved or have ever been loved.
This is a falsehood from the lying soul of the enemy, it is he who seeks to devour our soul's and destroy us, he is the one who has no love, and it's sad. Leave his emptiness behind, digging through garbage will never net pearl's.
The truth is God loves us with the most tender and soothing love, He wants us to come to Him and is constantly reaching out to us; if only we would hear, listen, not be distracted to the point of shutting out. I am truly grateful and blessed, God has been here all along, he is here right now, and always. And I want to say, it's okay to believe that and let go so those feelings of surety can feel good and bring joy.
Last night I asked my Poppa Bear if there was anything he needed more of from me. His answer?
"I need you to rest in our Father & know that we love you for ever & ever."
I needed to know this, to see these words, I needed God's grace and will for my life so badly, I have been praying for it so much, and these words came in an unexpected place and time. I was filled with so much tenderness and felt bestowed with the best feelings... Acceptance and unconditional love.
It was a breathe of fresh air into my being.
I love how connected we all are with one another, the way that God uses the best parts of us so that we may be what He needs us to be; for Him, for ourselves and for others. Jesus showed us that the way to the father was through Him, I am convinced that God is our dwelling place for all times. If you are struggling, I am praying for you to open your heart, mind, and feelings, to all that God has for you. He loves with a capacity that we could never understand when measured by earthly standards, and that is the gift. Earthly measurements fall short because they were meant to. When we have exhausted earthly ways for treating and coping with our heavy burdens, that's where we can find God waiting on merciful, heavenly wings, loving us in a steadfast way, bringing rest to our weary soul's.




God bless you and yours, in Jesus name, selah.

No comments :

Post a Comment