Translate

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Cheese Biscuit Disappointment on Thanksgiving


See that? It looks like it would be a happy moment for your mouth doesn't it? I was fooled too my friends and it was not okay.
LIES I TELL YOU, ALL LIES!!!
Mwuah hahahaha
I don't know if I have told any of you before how much I love cheese and cheese related things? I miss cheese and being French, living in Montréal, Québec you know cheese and marvel at its delicious wonders. I now have a cheese allergy, it wreaks havoc on my eczema and becomes unbearable if I overindulge. So on special occasions, like thanksgiving - yes we Canadians celebrate it in October not November, I indulge. I found this recipe on Pinterest for what looked like amaze bombs, Red Lobster copycat cheddar biscuits. Those fluffy cheddar pillows of gluten free delight that I have not eaten in donkey years. I miss them and was super psyched to recapture the magic.
I believed in you Pinterest pinner, why did I let myself be fooled again? Oh the horror...
Firstly, let me say that this is not the first time Pinterest has let me down, and I am still cracked out on the app so don't ask me to give it up, please shhhhh.
Secondly, I had a feeling when I was doing the recipe that there was something off but I prayed and hoped that cheddar Red Lobster goodness would be mine.
They looked pretty, check it out:

But alas poor cheddar biscuit nirvana was not meant to be, for the inside was a tapioca starch, gooey, gross, chewy dog toy consistency mess. But they looked pretty! Did I mention that they looked pretty?

So, I drowned my sorrows in some freaking delicious pumpkin pie with coconut whipped cream and my crushed dream along with my dashed hopes, faded into pumpkin spiced bliss.

I will post the recipe another day, don't worry my American counter parts, it will be in time for your Thanksgiving. I made these pies for Poppa Bear at Christmas when we were together, he was going to buy pumpkin pie! What???
Pthhhhh
Always make your own, these are sacred pumpkin pie family moments people. Alright, I am tired from yesterday's festivities and may take a blog break for a day or two but don't worry, I will be back asap to continue with our Ode to Fall October on Friday. Have a blessed day lovelies!

No comments :

Post a Comment