Translate

Friday, May 22, 2015

GF Raw Vegan Cherry Coconut Cereal


I thought about something that tastes a little different in the breakfast department, I wanted something with coconut but not too strong a taste of it. I rummaged through cupboards, fridge, and freezer until I found my precious. (Cue creepy Golem voice)
CHERRIES!
Black, sweet, pitted cherries to be exact and voilĂ , this cereal was born. I added some coconut flour and Baobab powder that I had lying around on my shelf and figured, the more superfoods the better. Note to self, write a full ingredients post on superfoods & Baobab, but not today because it's my birthday and I don't wanna. Teehee...(Ok, I put a small info blurb below)
I used way less maple syrup in this recipe because my cherries were really sweet, if you only have sour cherries it is a good idea to add more maple syrup to your taste.
I personally prefer the less sweet route, you may be surprised that you can enjoy breakfast cereal without a pound of sugar clinging to the GMO bits manufactured in no man's environmental disaster wasteland. But I digress.
Cherry and coconut healthiness that actually tastes lovely? Yes, you need to give it a whirl.
Enjoy and as always, pics follow below.

GF RAW VEGAN CHERRY COCONUT CEREAL:

Ingredients:
2 Cups Raw almonds soaked overnight, drained and rinsed well
2 1/2 Cups Dark sweet cherries, no pets. (I used frozen that I let defrost for a bit)
2 Cups Almond milk
1/3 Cup Coconut milk powder
2 Tbsp Coconut flour
1 Tbsp Baobab powder (optional)
1/4 Cup Almond flour
Pinch pink sea salt
3 Tbsp Almond butter
1/4 Cup Ground golden flax
1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
1/3 Cup Maple syrup

Method:
-Blend soaked almonds and almond milk
-In a large bowl, add all ingredients together, whisk well.
-Pour mixture in 2 equal parts on 2 the lined or parchment lined, Excalibur dehydrator trays.
-Dehydrate for 10 hours at raw food 105 degree setting, flip to other side & remove parchment paper or teflex sheet.
-Dehydrate for another 14 hours.
-Remove from trays, break gently into bite size cereal pieces and store in a ziploc baggies or airtight container up to a month.
Enjoy & don't forget to share with your loved one's.
Leave your comments below and subscribe so I can keep more yummy recipes coming.














These pics below are the Baobab superfruit & organic coconut flour that I used. Both are gluten free and these companies make high quality products that also taste great. If you cannot afford organic, believe me, I understand. Just do the best you can.
Here is a very quick blurb about Baobab in case you have never heard of it, courtesy of betterbrekkie.com. I will do a more detailed post on this superfood at a later date.

Baobab fruit powder is packed with nutritional goodness. It is low in sugar and fat yet high in fibre. It contains more than 12 minerals and vitamins, but is particularly rich in vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium. Baobab is also packed with antioxidants.

No comments :

Post a Comment